Sharing One Profile's Tech Stacks below. I hope it will be useful for you.
The website was built using Ruby on Rails - FREE 🎉
• I was first introduced to Ruby on Rails when I started learning how to code and have been using it for each of my projects since.
Popular users: @basecamp, @shopify, @Airbnb, @yongfook
• bulma.io by JG Thomas is one of the easiest CSS frameworks to learn and is just beautiful to use.
Popular users: @divjoy
Registered One Profile's domain on @Porkbun - $13.16/year 💵
• Services are absolutely top-notch
• Has one of the cheapest domain price tags.
• Has an ALIAS record
• Super easy email forwarding setup
• Super easy URL forwarding setup
Popular users: @LeaveMeAloneApp
I host One Profile on Render, a cloud service provider at ~$40/month 💵
• Migrated from Heroku to Render primarily because it's so much cheaper. From ~$300 to ~$40/month.
• Free Wildcard SSL
• Super easy to use + amazing support
Popular users: @IndieHackers, @gatsbyjs
Asset serving and storing by AWS S3 and Cloudfront at ~$5/month 💵
• I happened to use AWS while learning how to code, decided to just stick with it.
• Pay-as-you-go pricing makes it affordable to start.
• No scalability issues.
Popular users: @netflix @hulu @SlackHQ
Subscription and payments are handled by @stripe 💵
• Very easy to integrate into an app and build a subscription-based business
• Very good developer documentation
• Great dashboard and performance stats
Popular users: @NotionHQ @lyft @glossier @kickstarter
Bug and error monitoring/tracking by @bugsnag — FREE 🎉
• Very straight-forward and easy integration
• With Rails + Devise, users automatically identified
Popular users: @Airbnb @Lyft
Transactional emails i.e. confirmations/password reset emails by @postmarkapp - $10/month 💵
• Fair and simple pricing
• Very easy to use and integrate + good documentation
• Super fast email delivery
• Amazing support
Popular users: @asana, @1Password
Mac Client for Postgres database by Postico (https://eggerapps.at/postico) - $39.99 one-time payment 💵
• Makes life so easy to manage @OneProfile_HQ's database
• Beautiful and clean UI
Popular users: me? 😆
Email hosting with @gsuite - $5.40/month 💵
But I'm really looking forward to using hey.com by @basecamp in April!
One Profile's chat support is powered by chatra.io - FREE 🎉
• Unlimited concurrent chats
• Beautiful UI on client-side
• Chatbot to show contact form when offline
• Email replies
• Desktop and mobile apps
• Plugged in a beautiful theme called Weiss Pro by Eduardo. Costs $49, totally worth it.
• Membership feature allows collecting emails for newsletter.
Popular users: @OpenAI @NASA @Apple
All websites' page analytics is powered by privacy-focused @SimpleAnalytic - $108/year 💵
• No cookies used, no individual user tracking
• Custom domain on JS snippet
• Easy to read insights
Popular users: @NomadList @LeaveMeAloneApp
For terms and policies, and public documentation, I use @GitBookIO - FREE 🎉
• Custom domain
• Beautiful UI
• Super easy to get things done with documentation; create, edit, and merge all happen almost instantaneously.
I use @NotionHQ heavily for documentation and planning - $5/month 💵
• Clean and enjoyable UI/UX
• Having tables with relational databases is like having superpowers. I do financing stuff with this.
• Unlimited file uploads!
• Superb search functionality
I use @basecamp personal for business to-do lists - FREE 🎉
• Why not just use Notion? Basecamp is just faster and better on mobile, I really needed that.
• Has a dedicated structure for a to-do list.
• If ever I build a team, I'm going to use Basecamp.
Popular users: @tobi
• Buffer is very easy to use when I just need to blast a general post to every social platform.
• TweetDeck makes it easy to filter for specific tweets e.g tweets containing One Profile.
I use @LastPass to store passwords - FREE 🎉
• Has a generous free plan
• Easy to generate strong passwords and retrieving them
• A password manager is always recommended for security reasons.
I use @CssScan to copy the CSS of beautiful websites and replicate it on One Profile's - $39 one-time payment 💵
• Lightning-fast and accurate copy of CSS
• Displayed beautifully when hovered on an element
I use @figmadesign for specialized image design - FREE 🎉
• Precise measurement for designing banners, mockups, logos
• Easy to convert file types between JPG, PNG, SVG
• Infinite canvas makes it easy to compare designs side-by-side, top and bottom.
I use @canva for quick designs, especially for social media use - FREE 🎉
• Super easy interface to just drag and drop image, adding some texts and voila, you'll have a great image ready to use.
• Templates with specific dimensions for social media use help save a lot of time.
So there you go, all of my 'secret' stacks. I hope you found this list useful.
It took me a long time to discover these tools so I hope this list will save some of your time when you're building your projects.
All the best.
—Yusuf, My One Profile